Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Are you looking for part time hours with flexibility in the evenings and weekends as a Sub-Contractor? Or, are you a Masters of Psychotherapy, Counselling or Social Work student looking to complete your hours?
If you are you passionate about people and are wanting to expand your repertoire of skills, click below.
Job Description: 2023-03-29
Counselling and Play Therapy Services of Oxford County supports individuals across the lifespan (ages 4 years and up) and families. Our goal is to help individuals arrive at a sense of inner peace, assist with the discovery of inner strengths and support the integration of healthy strategies into daily routines. We work with people (young and seasoned) who may have experienced trauma, grief, mental health illness or need support with parenting. Treatment modalities are varied and might include: Sand Tray, EMDR, Narrative, Cognitive Behaviour, Play Therapy.
Currently we can meet the needs of clients either in person or through virtual platforms.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, you are encouraged to apply for a Contracted Counsellor position.
As an independently contracted counsellor/therapist you would be responsible for providing assessment and counselling/psychotherapy to Counselling and Play Therapy Services clientele while promoting and enhancing mental wellness.
Applicants must have some experience in working with children/adolescents between the ages of 4-17 yrs and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Promote and provide a safe, trusting and therapeutic environment while establishing therapeutic relationships with C&PT clients.
· Informal assessment at the onset and throughout the therapeutic process with C&PT clients
· Maintain legible, professional, and articulate documentation and closing summaries upon client termination in accordance with privacy policies and legislation
· Provide culturally sensitive and appropriate mental health intervention – counselling or psychotherapy to C&PT clients, as per professional qualifications and expertise, and clients’ identified needs.
· Master’s degree in Psychotherapy, Social Work, Clinical or Counselling Psychology
· Registration and good standing with CRPO OR Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) is a must
· Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessments and suicide prevention
· Demonstrated knowledge of record-keeping and report writing
· Commitment to values of diversity, social change and anti-oppression
· Ability to use different evidence-based psychotherapeutic approaches
· Clean criminal record
· Sensitivity to issues of confidentiality, informed consent, accessibility and diversity
Hours of Work
· Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends
· Total hours of work are undetermined as hours will be based on client numbers and referrals.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Part-time hours: 1-15 per week
We have moved our Norwich office to 19 Baldwin Street, Tillsonburg.
Now two amazing offices (Woodstock and Tillsonburg) to serve Oxford County and surrounding areas.